Not only is this Jian a presentable piece of Chinese art, it’s also a fully functional double edged sword of war. It is hand forged from a single piece of folded – high carbon steel and hand sharpened using ancient techniques producing an excellent quality blade with double sided blood grooves.
This Jian sword is resilient, very strong, razor sharp and glides through the air with ease. It’s a real pleasure to use and is sharp enough to cut bamboo stems, grass matting & slice thin paper.
- Dual edged blade (facilitates fast counter attacks).
- Double blood grooves on both sides of blade.
- Generous hand-and-a-half handle (generates good power & facilitates weapon manoeuvring).
- Broad blade width with excellent strength and resilience.
- Folded high carbon steel (individual layers produce great strength and a much higher edge hardness).
- Perfectly balanced weapon with exceptional combat versatility.
- Extremely high quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Designed and constructed with full Chinese character.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly close quarters weapon.
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 79cm.
- Blade length: 53cm.
- Handle length: 17cm.
- Width of blade: 4cm.
- Blade material: Folded – high carbon steel.
- Handle material: Hardwood.
- Scabbard material: Ebony wood.
- Sword & scabbard fittings: Quality brass.
- Blood groove: Double blood groove on both sides of blade.
- Item: Chinese Jian sword.