Damascus steel is world renowned for its extremely sharp, strong and flexible characteristics.
These qualities mixed with traditional Japanese sword making technology has produced this undisputed champion Katana sword.
Not only is this sword a beautiful work of art, it is also a practical and battle ready weapon.
- Folded steel blade (over 2000 individual steel layers produce great strength and a high edge hardness).
- Damascus steel blade composition (unique blade patterns, razor sharp, resilient and renowned blade characteristics).
- Unique and highly collectable red electroplated blade colour.
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly weapon.
Red Katana Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 70cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Blade thickness: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Red electroplated folded Damascus steel.
- Folding: 11 folds creating 2048 layers.
- Steel hardness: HRC 56.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Alloy dragon Tsuba.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Synthetic silk.
- Handle materials: Hardwood with genuine Ray-skin & synthetic silk Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Blood groove: Single long Hi groove.
- Menuki (Handle decorations): Alloy.
- Tang: Full.
- Craft: Handmade.
- Weight: 1300g.
- Item: Damascus steel Katana.