Additionally, twin sided blood grooves facilitate more efficient thrust penetration and reduce the overall weight of the weapon.
This is a 100% hand forged sword which is constructed from carbon folded steel with over 1000 steel layers. It’s a very high quality straight battle ready Katana in a Ninja sword form, and the quality and craftsmanship are excellent.
- Folded steel blade (individual steel layers produce great strength and a high edge hardness).
- High carbon steel blade composition (high edge hardness and excellent reliability).
- Dual edged blade facilitates fast counter attacks.
- Generous two handed handle generates power and facilitates weapon handling.
- Well balanced and highly versatile weapon (effective in almost any combat situation).
- Almost 100% black colour including the blade (contributes to stealth).
- Battle ready and fully functional.
Double Edged Katana Specifications:
- Overall length: 104cm.
- Blade length: 71cm (without Habaki).
- Handle length: 26cm/10.24inch.
- Blade width: 3.2cm/1.25inch.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm/0.28inch.
- Blade material: Folded 1060 carbon steel (highly polished).
- Blood groove: Long Bo-Hi on each side of blade.
- Tsuka (handle): Hardwood wrapped with polyester rope Ito, alloy Menuki (handle decorations).
- Saya (scabbard): High quality hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Polyester rope.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Zinc alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Zinc alloy.
- Tang: Full Tang.
- Item: Double-edged sword / Ninjato sword / Ninja sword / Ninja Katana.