Furthermore, the blade is genuine clay tempered – producing a visible Hamon line, and finally hand sharpened using traditional Japanese methods.
The accessories & fittings are high quality and in character, from the hardwood + ray-skin handle, hardwood scabbard, to the solid brass sword fittings.
This full tang Katana is flexible, very strong and glides through the air with ease. It’s a real pleasure to use and is both strong and sharp enough to cut thick bamboo stems, grass matting & more.
- Folded steel blade (over 32,000 individual steel layers produce a razor sharp edge).
- 1095 carbon steel – reliable and resilient blade.
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible Hamon line.
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Stealthy black sword colour scheme.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly weapon.
Folded Steel Katana Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 70cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Clay tempered – folded 1095 high carbon steel.
- Folding: 15 folds creating 32,768 layers.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Synthetic silk.
- Handle materials: Hardwood with genuine ray-skin & synthetic silk Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Copper / Brass.
- Menuki (handle decorations): Alloy.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Iron.
- Item: Black Katana / curved sword / full tang Katana / folded steel Katana / carbon steel Katana / O Katana / Samurai sword.