Our sparring swords have a dulled blade, but would otherwise function as a fully effective double edged sword of war.
This practice sword is hand forged from a single piece of 1060 high carbon steel and sharpened using refined techniques producing an excellent quality blade.
The blade is resilient, very strong and the sword as a whole glides through the air with ease. It’s a real pleasure to use and is perfect as a competition or sparring sword.
Note: We can deliver the sword sharp or dull as needed. Please advise us with your order.
- Full tang 1060 high carbon steel blade.
- Dual edged blade (facilitates fast counter attacks).
- Generous hand-and-a-half sword (generates good power and facilitates weapon manoeuvring).
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Designed for sword training & sparring but would otherwise make a fully functional battle ready sword.
- Ideally suited for medieval sword training and sparring (blade edges dulled).
Bastard Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 110cm.
- Blade length: 88cm.
- Handle length: 20cm.
- Width of blade: 4.5cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.6cm.
- Blade material: 1060 high carbon steel.
- Hardness: Centre – 45; edges – 55 HRC.
- Scabbard material: Black lacquered hardwood.
- Handle materials: Hardwood wrapped with wax-cord.
- Sword fittings material: Stainless steel.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Use: Sparring sword.
- Item: European longsword / double edged sword / straight sword / hand and a half sword / training swords / practice sword / practice longsword.