The full tang blade is hand forge laminated into four separate sections – with three types of steel into a Honsanmai laminate design.
Soft steel is used for the rear spine of the blade ensuring maximum blade flexibility and resilience to deformation. Hard high carbon steel is used for the edge, ensuring the highest possible grade of sharpness and edge holding capacity. And finally, medium grade steel is used on both sides of the blade, providing a balance of protection and flexible resilience encasing the inner core steels.
The entire blade is hand forged, clay tempered and water quenched, producing a refined and extremely deadly sword blade. All fittings and accessories are premium quality, intricately designed and in full traditional Japanese character.
This war sword is a work of art, artistically designed and there’s no doubt it’s a sophisticated weapon.
- Premium quality modern Katana – no expense spared.
- Hand forged – folded steel.
- Honsanmai forge laminate – advanced Japanese blade technology.
- Quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Battle ready and fully functional.
Full Tang Katana Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 106cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Folded steel + Honsanmai lamination.
- Tempering: Genuine clay tempered with visible Hamon temper line.
- Hardness: 30 (core & spine); 58 (edge) HRC.
- Handle material: Hardwood + genuine ray-skin & cord Ito (handle wrap).
- Saya material (scabbard): Lacquered hardwood + buffalo horn (x3 inserts).
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Premium cord.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass
- Tsuba (hand guard): Brass.
- Mekugio: 2x bamboo pins.
- Item: Folded steel Katana / battle ready Katana / hand forged Katana / carbon steel Katana / O Katana / Folded Katana / long sword / longsword.