Overall the blade is resilient and very resistant to shattering even with violent duelling sword blows, which is vital for real life sparring and sword training.
The handle is a hardwood construct with a comfortable & practical synthetic leather + cord grip overlay. These grip materials offer a strong grip surface and are long lasting and enduring materials built for constant practice and use.
Finally, the sword is sheathed into a quality hardwood scabbard and with the included sword bag can be stored for long periods with good protection.
These swords make make perfect Iaito training swords, however would otherwise function as a battle ready Katana. Choose from a blunt edge Iaito sword or a sharp edged functional Katana.
- Constructed with a naturally flexible and resilient spring steel.
- High carbon content 1060 steel – reliable with good edge hardness and blade elasticity.
- Designed for sword sparring, but otherwise a fully functional & battle ready Katana.
Blunt Katana Specifications:
- Overall length: 106cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Blade material: 1060 carbon steel (spring steel).
- Hardness: 30 (core & spine) – 60 (edge) HRC.
- Saya (scabbard) material: Lacquered hardwood.
- Tsuka (handle) material: Hardwood + synthetic leather & black cord.
- Sword fittings material: Zinc alloy.
- Fuller: Long Bo-Hi blood grooves.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Included: Sword bag.
- Modern Katana | training swords | practice sword | full tang Katana | practice Katana | practice swords | sparring swords | spring steel Katana | Iaito sword.
There are no reviews yet.