Finally, after the forging and quenching process, the blade is hand sharpened and polished using traditional Japanese methods, producing a highly refined finished blade.
Outfitted with a hardwood + real pearl fish-skin & quality cord handle wrap, hardwood scabbard and alloyed metal Katana parts, this modern Katana is constructed with practical enduring materials and with class.
Arguably the most battle functional and deadliest blade technology available, even when compared against folded steel blades, this full tang Katana blade encapsulates a hard and reliable cutting edge, along with the blade resilience expected of a high quality combat blade.
This Chokuto sword is perfect for Japanese sword fighting and will match any longsword duel. It’s a beautiful straight Katana to both own and use and makes a collectable piece of battle functional art.
- High Manganese steel blade (spring steel) – hard, reliable battle edge with excellent elasticity and resilience.
- Quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Straight blade Katana – versatile cutting and thrusting weapon.
- Single edged sword blade – primary battle edge with full structural blade spine.
- Katana battle ready – fully functional and deadly sharpened Katana.
Japanese Straight Sword Specifications:
- Note: Sword stand is NOT included, and is shown only for demonstration purposes.
- Overall Katana length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: High Manganese steel (spring steel).
- Hardness: 59 HRC.
- Saya material (scabbard): Lacquered hardwood.
- Tsuka (handle): Hardwood + pearl fish-skin & quality cord Ito.
- Fittings material: Copper; zinc alloy.
- Weight: 1.4kg (including scabbard weight); 1.1kg (sword weight only).
- Bo-Hi (fuller sword): Single blood-groove on both sides of the blade.
- Tang: Full Tang.
- Included: Brocade sword bag.
- Item: Straight Japanese sword.