The sword fittings & accessories are high quality and in Japanese character; from hardwood & genuine ray-skin handle, hardwood scabbard, to the Zinc alloy sword fittings.
Not only is this Ko Katana a beautiful work of art, it is also a practical and deadly war sword. It will readily cut through thick bamboo stems, grass matting and slice thin paper.
- Specialised intermediate Ko Katana – sized between the Wakizashi short sword and Katana longsword.
- 1095 carbon steel blade – one of the highest carbon content swordmaking steels available.
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible wave Hamon.
- Quality hardwood handle wrapped with genuine ray-skin & quality silk Ito.
- Compact two-handed sword which generates great power.
- Very deadly close quarters and a capable open field weapon.
Chisa Katana Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 88cm.
- Blade length: 56cm (not including Habaki).
- Handle length: 29cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Blade thickness: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Clay tempered – 1095 high carbon steel.
- Hamon: Genuine wave Hamon temper line.
- Hardness: 35 HRC core; 60 HRC edge.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Quality silk.
- Handle materials: Hardwood with genuine ray-skin & quality silk Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Zinc alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Zinc alloy.
- Tsuba (sword guard): Zinc alloy.
- Menuki (Handle decorations): Zinc alloy.
- Mekugio: 2x bamboo pins.
- Tang: Full.
- Craft: Handmade.
- Item: Mini Katana.