The blade construct is a full tang forge of folded steel, with over 12,000 individual steel layers. This world renowned steel holds excellent blade characteristics including, resiliency, flexibility and razor sharpness. The blade is then hand sharpened and polished using traditional techniques, producing a flawless blade and edge finish.
The scabbard and sword fittings are premium quality and in full traditional Chinese character, from the hardwood + real ray-skin handle & scabbard, to the solid metal sword fittings.
The sword manoeuvres and holds perfect balance. It is both of high presentational quality and battle functionality.
- Layered folded steel blade – creating over 12,000 individual steel layers.
- Unique feather textured blade surface.
- Excellent blade characteristics – resilient, hard, reliable and razor sharp edges.
- Dual edge sword blade – facilitates fast counter attacks & efficient thrust penetration.
- Highly decorated & collectable.
- Perfectly balanced and a versatile weapon – suited for cut and thrust attacks.
- Fully functional battle ready weapon.
Longquan Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 77cm.
- Handle length: 13cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.8cm.
- Blade material: Folded steel (over 12,000 individual steel layers). Feather textured surface.
- Method: Genuine hand forged.
- Handle material: Hardwood + real sting-ray skin.
- Scabbard material: Hardwood + real string-ray skin.
- Sword fittings: Brass plated with real gold.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Weight with/without scabbard: 1.8kg/1.1kg.