The accessories & fittings of the sword are very high quality and in full Japanese character, from the real ray-skin & cord Ito, hardwood scabbard, to the silver &/or gold plated brass sword fittings.
This is an excellent and highly presentable battle ready Katana. It is sharp enough to cut through thick bamboo stems, grass matting and more.
- 1095 high carbon steel blade – higher than average carbon content (reliable, hard, resilient & holds a lasting sharp edge).
- Premium sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Genuine clay tempered with visible Hamon temper line.
- Engraved blade – furthering collectability value.
- Battle ready and fully functional weapon.
Black Katana Specifications:
- Overall length: 106cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Blade thickness: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Engraved – 1095 high carbon steel.
- Tempering: Genuine clay tempered with visible Hamon temper line.
- Hardness: 30 (core & spine); 58 (edge) HRC.
- Saya material (scabbard): Lacquered hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Premium cord.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + genuine ray-skin & cord Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass with silver & gold plating.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass with silver & gold plating.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Brass with silver & gold plating.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Mekugio: 2x bamboo pins.
- Included: sword bag.
- Item: Modern Katana / battle ready Katana / carbon steel Katana / O Katana / beautiful Katana.