The accessories & fittings of the sword are high quality and in character, from the hardwood + leather & wax-cord handle, hardwood + leather wrapped scabbard, to the stainless steel sword fittings.
These sparring swords have a dulled blade, but would otherwise function as a fully effective double edged sword of war. The sword is well balanced and makes a highly versatile fighting weapon. It’s a real pleasure to use and makes a perfect competition or sparring sword.
Note: We can deliver the sword sharp or dull as needed. Please advise us with your order.
- Full tang 1060 high carbon steel blade.
- Dual edged blade (facilitates fast counter attacks).
- Generous two handed sword (generates good power and facilitates weapon manoeuvring).
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Designed for sword training & sparring but would otherwise make a fully functional battle ready sword.
- Ideally suited for medieval sword training and sparring (blade edges dulled).
Practice Longsword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 111.5cm.
- Blade length: 82cm.
- Handle length: 24.5cm.
- Width of blade: 4.7cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.75cm.
- Blade material: 1060 high carbon steel.
- Hardness: 58-60 HRC.
- Handle material: Hardwood wrapped + leather & wax-cord.
- Scabbard material: Hardwood wrapped with leather.
- Sword fittings material: Stainless steel.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Use: Sparring sword.