High performance attributes further highlight the value of Li-ion batteries including zero negative memory effect, a high power density to weight ratio, and a near flat power curve towards end-of-charge.
Past lithium battery safety issues are no longer concerns with modern models, having repeatedly passed crush and puncture testing resulting in no fire. Furthermore, these lithium batteries are constructed with no heavy metals or dangerous substances, so in the off chance they are damaged, risks to both personal health and the environment are extremely low.
Additionally, a built-in BMS monitoring & management chip prevents battery pack overcharge, over-discharge, overheating or short circuit. This standard tech feature ensures internal operating safety separate to external damage risk.
-No import tax duty to: Australia, USA, UK, UAE and all Western European countries. Other countries may have to pay an import tax; please check your country import tax laws.
As a derivative of lithium-ion batteries, lithium iron phosphate or LiFePO4 batteries offer special advantages compared to the popular lithium cobalt oxide chemistry range. These positives include a longer shelf life, often holding the same energy density as a LiCoO2 chemistry battery after one year in storage. LiFePO4 batteries are also renowned for their safety and low toxicity, being both thermally and chemically stable and 100% cobalt & nickel free, which additionally reduces the price of these batteries compared to other Li-Ion chemistries, as these are rare and expensive metals.
Most notably however, the lithium iron phosphate battery has found its customer base as a fuel cell for electric vehicles. As stated above, not only are the cells chemically stable and safe, but a near constant discharge voltage provides virtually full power right through to end-of-charge. This coupled with a comparatively high discharge rate allows for excellent vehicle acceleration, thus making an ideal battery for e bikes, e scooters & motorcycles, golf trolleys & carts, mobility scooters, ATVs & snow mobiles, boats & kayaks, forklifts and electric cars.
The LiFPO4 rechargeable battery has also found a place replacing lead-acid batteries for a much more efficient lithium iron phosphate battery solar storage, owing to the fact they hold around twice the energy density for half the weight. Additionally, the near constant voltage allows for simplified internal battery voltage regulation circuitry, which further lowers battery costs and increase tolerance to modest overcharging, thus they can be connected to photovoltaic solar cells without complicated and expensive circuitry to halt the recharge cycle, as normal for lead-acid batteries.
- Modern lithium iron phosphate battery pack technology.
- Relatively high energy density to weight ratio.
- Safe: Built-in BMS prevents overcharge/discharge, overheating & short circuit.
- Environmentally responsible: No heavy metals or dangerous substances used in construction.
- Particularly suited for home wind & solar energy storage, recreational vehicle (RV) energy storage & small electric vehicle power sources (eg: golf buggies & more).
12 Volt Lithium Battery Specifications:
- In-built digital voltage & power percentage display.
- Optional lithium iron phosphate battery charger (we will configure the wall socket plug as per shipping country).
- Internal battery management system (BMS): Smart, safe & effective automated battery governing.
- Extremely low self discharge rate: <3% vs 20% for SLA and lead acid battery types.
- Long life cycle: Over 3000 cycles vs 300–500 for SLA and lead acid batteries.
- Li-ion battery pack type: LiFPO4 or Lithium iron phosphate battery pack.
- Model: 12V-100AH.
- Nominal voltage: 12.8V.
- Nominal capacity: 100AH.
- Cell combination: 4 series & 1 parallel.
- Instantaneous discharge current: 200A.
- Continuous discharge current: 50A.
- Lithium ion battery life cycle: Over 3000 cycles.
- Charging temperature: 0-45 degrees C.
- Discharge temperature: -20 to 60 degrees C.
- Battery weight: Approximately 9.7kg.
- Size: 222x193x170mm (including poles).
- Operating voltage range: 10V-14.6V.
- Overcharge voltage protection: 14.6V +- 0.05V.
- Overdischarge voltage protection: 10V +- 0.05V.
- Battery temperature protection: 60 degrees C +- 5 degrees.
- Note: If you intend to replace lead acid batteries with lithium solar batteries for solar energy storage, please reset your solar controller specifications before installation. Otherwise the batteries will not fully charge and this will reduce the battery capacity over time.
There are no reviews yet.