1095 is one of the higher grade carbon steels available for sword making, and these forged blades are renowned for their edge holding capacity, razor sharpness and resilience.
This full tang Katana is a beautiful and collectable piece of practical battle ready art.
Instead of buying a sword that’s almost a century old at a likely highly inflated price, you can enjoy the same historical charm from this modern sword in a brand new condition.
- Genuine clay tempered 1095 high carbon steel.
- Reproduced officer’s WW2 type 98 Gunto (brand new condition & highly collectable).
- Battle ready and extremely deadly.
Shin Gunto Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Clay tempered 1095 high carbon steel.
- Hardness: 59-60 HRC.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood + leather.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + synthetic ray-skin & silk Ito.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & buttcap): High grade brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Alloy.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Alloy.
- Weight: 1.3kg.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Type: 98 Gunto sword / army officer sword / WW2 Samurai sword / WWII Japanese sword / army sword / military sword / war sword / full tang Katana.