It is handmade and sharpened using Japanese methods creating an excellent clay tempered folded Damascus steel blade with a visible wave Hamon line.
Not only is this sword a beautiful work of art, it is also a practical and battle ready Shirasaya sword.
- Folded steel blade (over 32,00 individual layers produce great strength and an extremely high edge hardness).
- Damascus steel blade composition (unique blade patterns, razor sharp, resilient and renowned blade characteristics).
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible wave Hamon line.
- Highly presentable and collectable weapon.
- Top quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Battle ready and extremely deadly.
Shirasaya Katana Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 70cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Blade thickness: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Damascus steel.
- Folding: 15 folds creating 32,768 layers.
- Tempering: Clay tempered with visible wave Hamon line.
- Steel hardness: HRC 56.
- Saya material (scabbard): Rosewood & brass end caps.
- Handle materials: Rosewood & brass fittings.
- Weight: 1230g including scabbard (880g without scabbard).
- Tang: Full.
- Craft: Handmade.
- Item: Shirasaya sword / curved sword.
There are no reviews yet.