This modern greatsword is handmade and sharpened using Japanese methods to create an excellent T10 high carbon steel, clay tempered blade with a genuine wave temper-line.
The accessories & fittings of the sword are all high quality and in character, from hardwood & leather handle, hardwood scabbard, to the metal sword fittings.
This full tang Nagimaki is flexible, very strong and delivers high leverage & powerful blows. It’s a real pleasure to use and is sharp enough to cut straight through bamboo stems, grass matting & more.
- Highest carbon content T10 steel (best sword making steel available).
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible wave Hamon line.
- Top quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Extremely long handle which generates huge power and facilitates weapon manoeuvring.
- One of the most formidable open field warfare swords available.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly weapon.
Nagamaki Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 115cm.
- Blade length: 71cm (without Habaki).
- Handle length: 40cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.9cm.
- Blade material: T10 high carbon steel – clay tempered (genuine Hamon temper wave line).
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood wrapped in green leather.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Synthetic silk.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + synthetic leather + polyester rope Ito wrap (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Zinc alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Zinc alloy.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Zinc alloy.
- Fuller: Long Bo-Hi blood grooves on both sides of blade.
- Weight: 1.56kg (including scabbard).
- Item: Long handled Nagamaki / longsword / long Katana / great sword / long sword / longsword.