These modern longswords are handmade and sharpened using Japanese methods to create an excellent high carbon steel blade.
The accessories & fittings of the sword are all quality and in character, from the genuine ray-skin handle, hardwood scabbard, to the solid brass sword fittings.
Our full tang Nagimaki swords are flexible, very strong and are capable of delivering devastating blows. They are a real pleasure to use and are sharp enough to cut straight through bamboo stems, grass matting & more.
Note: Please understand these swords are not in stock and will need to be custom made on order. For the 1060 model custom building will take 15 days, and for the 1095 clay tempered model 30 days – before shipment. We also ship with the fastest and most reliable shipping courier available as part of the service.
- Two high carbon steel options to choose from (high blade hardness & excellent reliability).
- Two edge temper methods to choose from (both options produce an extremely resilient and razor sharp edge).
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials on both sword options.
- Extremely long handle generates huge power and facilitates excellent weapon handling.
- One of the most formidable open field swords available.
- Battle ready and extremely deadly weapons.
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 144cm.
- Blade length: 89cm (without Habaki).
- Handle length: 50cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.75cm.
- Optional blade material: 1) 1060 carbon steel; 2) 1095 tempered carbon steel (with genuine Hamon temper wave line).
- Blade hardness: 65HRC.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Quality cord.
- Handle materials: Hardwood with genuine ray-skin & cord Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Iron.
- Weight (including saya): 2.3kgs.
- Item: Nagimaki two handed swords.