The full tang blade is hand forge laminated into four separate sections – with three types of steel into a Honsanmai laminate design.
Soft steel is used for the rear spine of the blade ensuring maximum blade flexibility and resilience to deformation. Hard high carbon steel is used for the edge, ensuring the highest possible grade of sharpness and edge holding capacity. And finally, medium grade steel is used on both sides of the blade, providing a balance of protection and flexible resilience encasing the inner core steels.
The entire blade is hand forged, clay tempered and water quenched, producing a refined and extremely deadly Japanese short sword blade. All fittings and accessories are premium quality, intricately designed and in full traditional Japanese character.
This sword is a work of art, artistically designed and there’s no doubt it’s a sophisticated close quarters weapon.
Note: Ths is a custom made sword; it will take 20-30 days before we can ship.
- Premium quality Wakizashi sword – no expense spared.
- Hand forged – folded steel.
- Honsanmai forge laminate – advanced Japanese blade technology.
- Genuine clay tempered with a visible wave Hamon.
- Perfect concealed sword weapon; ideal for surprise attacks & close quarters combat.
- Beautiful and highly collectable.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly weapon.
Small Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 77cm.
- Blade length: 50cm.
- Handle length: 21cm.
- Width of blade (near Habaki): 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 07cm.
- Blade process: Hand forged – folded steel; clay tempered & water quenched.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Shape of blade: Shinogi – ZUKURI.
- Construction of blade (lamination forge): Honsanmai.
- Kissaki shape (blade tip): CHU-KISSAKI.
- Hamon: Genuine clay tempered Hamon line.
- Handle material: Genuine silk + cork + Pearl fish skin.
- Tsuba material (hand guard): Bronze gilt silver.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood – lacquered & hand painted in multiple colours.
- Sageo material (scabbard cord): Hand woven ribbon.
- Weight with/without scabbard: 1.1kg/0.9kg.
- Item: Wakizashi sword / Wakazashi / Shoto sword / Japanese short sword / tactical wakizashi / shortsword.
There are no reviews yet.