Our modern Katana is handmade and sharpened using Japanese methods to create an excellent high carbon steel – clay tempered blade with a genuine wave temper line.
This full tang Katana is flexible, very strong and glides through the air with ease.
It’s a real pleasure to use and is sharp enough to slice thin paper, bamboo stems, grass matting & more.
Instead of buying a sword that’s almost a century old at the same or more likely highly inflated price, you can enjoy the same historical charm and sword technology with a brand new weapon in a premium condition.
- Brand new exact reproduction of a WW2 Japanese officers’s Shin Gunto.
- Folded steel blade (individual layers produce great strength and a high edge hardness).
- High carbon steel blade composition (high edge hardness and excellent reliability).
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible wave Hamon line.
- Top quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly weapon.
Gunto Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 70cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Folded high carbon steel – clay tempered (with genuine Hamon wave line).
- Saya material (scabbard): Steel.
- Handle materials: Hardwood with braided cord & mixed materials.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & buttcap): High grade brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): High grade brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): High grade brass.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Item: WWII Japanese sword reproduction.