These modern axes are constructed with the right materials to perform. Both the primary head and pommel head are constructed with spring steel, which is a very hard tool-grade steel renowned for its natural resilience and elasticity. Which means, these tool-heads will not shatter if struck into rock with force.
Furthermore, the heads are securely double-riveted to an ultralight and strong aluminum alloy handle. This alloy keeps weight to a minimum, with almost the same strength as steel, but with the added advantage of very desirable resistance to corrosion. A huge bonus for any outdoor ice pick axe, destined to survive wilderness adventures.
With a 70cm overall tool height, these mountain climbing picks make ideal walking aids or walking sticks. The length is about the right size, with the primary head making a pretty good handle and pommel head digs into the earth nicely for a firm hold.
Highly versatile not only as a terrain pick, but also as a hiking stick.
- High manganese steel tool heads (spring steel) – hard steel, along with renowned resilience against damage & fracture.
- Modern aluminum alloy handle material – strong, reliable and lightweight axe handle.
- Best ice axe for snowshoeing, winter hiking and other winter adventures.
Ice Pick Specifications:
- Handle material: Aluminum alloy.
- Head material: High manganese steel (spring steel).
- Overall product length: 70cm.
- Color options: Grey, blue or green.
- Weight: 420g.
- Item: Ice climbing pick.