The construct is a full tang single forge of folded Damascus steel. This renowned steel is highly resilient against deformation bending and breaking, even with violent blade and armor clashes. And furthermore, the edge of the blade will sharpen to a razor sharp degree which is unmatched by alternative high carbon steel blades.
Finally, the blade is sharpened and polished using traditional Japanese methods, creating a highly refined and beautifully finished blade end result. Quality is further extended into the accessories, created in full Japanese character, from the hardwood + synthetic leather & cord handle, hardwood scabbard, to the metal sword fittings.
A unique collection piece, and a great choice for combat.
- Folded Damascus steel blade – resilient, razor sharp blade & world renowned blade characteristics.
- Collectable – unique Damascus blade patterns.
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Battle ready and an extremely deadly weapon.
Damascus Steel Katana Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 104cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Blade thickness: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Folded Damascus steel.
- Hardness: 30 (core & spine); 58 (edge) HRC.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Steel.
- Saya material (scabbard): Lacquered hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Polyester cord.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + synthetic leather & cord Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Zinc alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Tang: Full tang.