The blade is sharpened and finally polished using traditional Japanese methods, creating a highly refined and beautifully finished blade end result. Quality is further extended into the accessories, created in full Japanese character, from the beautiful hardwood + real ray-skin & cord handle, hardwood scabbard to the solid brass sword fittings.
The time tested design of this Tachi sword ensures powerful sword swing curvatures through the air and amazingly high powered cuts. It is extremely effective on the open battlefield, and is a real pleasure to both own and use.
- Highly curved and unique blade (lopping, cutting and slashing blade powerhouse).
- Higher than average 1095 carbon steel blade (hard, strong, reliable & resilient blade).
- Premium quality scabbard & sword fittings.
- Battle ready and fully functional.
- Tachi models are the most renowned cutting and slashing Japanese sword designs.
Curved Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 104cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: 1095 high carbon steel.
- Tempering: Clay tempered with genuine wave Hamon temper line.
- Saya material (scabbard): Rosewood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Polyester cord.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + genuine ray-skin & polyester cord Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Brass.
- Mekugio: 2 bambo pins.
- Included: Sword bag.