The axehead is a single forge of spring steel. This high carbon steel holds excellent characteristics including resiliency, a difficult edge to chip and a long lasting sharp edge, requiring low sharpening maintenence.
The unique angled axehead design greatly aids in spilling logs, with a natural prying effect. This increases log splitting efficiency and reduces personal effort exerted. Combined with a naturally shock absorbing acid tree wood handle, using the axe with a single hand to split kindling feels comfortable and like less of a difficult daily chore.
Ideal for campsite or home wood combustion burner kindling preparation.
- Spring steel axehead – resilient, reliable & holds a lasting sharp cutting edge.
- Naturally water resistant and shock absorbent Acid tree wood handle.
- Specifically designed small kindling splitting axe.
- Perfect for home combustion burner or campsite kindling fire-starting preparation.
Hand Forged Hatchet Specifications:
- Head material: High manganese steel (spring steel).
- Handle material: Acid tree wood.
- Overall length: 32.5cm.
- Handle length: 28cm.
- Edge length: 7.5cm.
- Axehead thickness (widest point): 2.5cm.
- Weight: 0.73kg.