The in-built rechargeable lithium battery provides approximately 10 hours of use, and is recharged by a simple USB charger cable (included). Therefore the unit can be recharged in the field with something like a portable solar panel or battery bank which is a huge plus for long term wilderness use or survival situations.
This handheld GPS has a rugged housing with and quality LCD display, protecting the unit from rain showers and shock damage, thus making it a perfect companion for hiking and other outdoor pursuits.
- Tough shock resistant moulded plastic.
- Latitude and longitude finder (use this function with a map to locate your exact position).
- Electronic compass instrument (highly accurate compass).
- Altitude indicator.
- Distance and time travelled tracker function (helps in finding positions on paths & streams; and manages journey times and future route time projections).
- Charges via USB (opportunity to charge device with a small solar panel in the field).
Mini GPS Electronic Compass Specifications:
- Main functions: GPS receiver location finder (longitude + latitude); compass; altitude indicator; distance & time tracker.
- Colour: Dark green.
- Materials: Hard moulded plastic + LCD screen.
- LCD screen size: 128 x 64mm.
- Flash memory: 512K.
- Maximum GPS upload rate: 10Hz.
- Buttons: 1) On/Off; 2 & 3; left & right to navigate modes.
- Accuracy: Up to 10 meters. Updating to a velocity of 1m/sec.
- GPS start – receiving time: Hot start – 5 secs; warm start – 40 secs; cold start – 2 mins.
- Sensitivity: Tracks at 161 dBm; acquisition at 148 dBn.
- Protocol: NMEA-0183 v3.01.
- Power source: Built-in rechargeable lithium battery. Charges via included 5v usb cord.
- Operating time: Approximately 10 hours.
- Product dimensions (LxWxD): 65x63x17mm.
- Package: 1x GPS location finder; 1x keychain; 1x USB charger cable; 1x English user manual.
- Item: Handheld GPS.
There are no reviews yet.