Very deadly, this one handed Japanese sword is quick to strike with and is a balanced combat sword with the exact same cutting, slashing and thrusting versatility as the Katana longsword, only shorter.
Major advantages of the short sword include a lower weight & size for transport and smuggling amongst clothing for surprise attacks, they come into their own unique power within enclosed spaces such as rooms, corridors, etc and strike with much faster speed than the standard long sword. Additionally, when paired with a second Wakizashi sword or Katana, the tandem pair becomes a formidable dual weapon fighting combination, which few combatants are able to counter.
Completed with beautiful and high quality components, this Samurai Wakizashi sword presents nicely for ornamental and decorative sword purposes while simultaneously performing as a fully functional combat sword.
- Honsanmai forge weld laminate steel structure – very advanced Japanese blade technology.
- Genuine clay tempered with a visible wave Hamon.
- Perfect concealed sword weapon – easy to smuggle amongst clothing for surprise attacks.
- Single edged sword blade – primary cutting edge with full structural strength blade spine.
- One handed sword – used with a single hand, very quick, and exceptionally deadly when paired with another sword.
- Versatile tactical Wakizashi sword – equally balanced cutting, slashing and thrusting shortsword.
- Both battle ready and ornamental sword quality.
Shoto Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall Wakizashi length: 76cm.
- Wakizashi blade length: 51cm.
- Handle length: 24cm.
- Width of blade (near Habaki): 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.72cm.
- Blade process: Honsanmai laminate – T10 high carbon steel core & folded steel side laminates.
- Tempering process: Genuine clay tempered with visible wave Hamon.
- Hardness: Edge – 60 HRC; Core & spine – 35 HRC.
- Handle material: Hardwood wrapped with genuine pearl shark-skin & non-slip cord Ito.
- Tsuba material (hand guard): Pure copper, gilded.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Pure copper, gilded.
- Habaki (blade collar): Solid brass and copper.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood wrapped with genuine shark-skin + inlaid with real Ox horn.
- Sageo material (scabbard cord): Quality cord.
- Tang: Full tang Wakizashi.
- Weight: 1kg (including weight of scabbard).
- Included: Sword bag.
- Item: Wakizashi sword for sale.