Tasks such as severing bundles of ferns, long grass and fir branches for insulation are completed quickly and efficiently. And importantly, the knife can be used to baton small wood logs for shelter construction and firewood preparation, a vital task for remaining warm and dry in cold, wet environments.
This is a valuable and effective knife for real wilderness trials.
- Wilderness survival knife – particularly suited to emergency bugout & survival.
- Good tool weight and high leverage handle producing excellent power.
- Premium wooden handle fixed to full tang.
- Modern CPM S30V stainless steel – holds a lasting razor sharp edge, resilient to shattering & resistant to corrosion.
- Zero risk shattering blade – 6mm CPM S30V steel (perfect for batoning – splitting fist sized logs in two).
Batoning Knife Specifications:
- Overall length: 245mm.
- Blade length: 110mm.
- Handle length: 125mm.
- Width of blade (widest point): 45mm.
- Thickness of blade: 6mm.
- Weight 310g.
- Handle material: Wood fixed to full tang.
- Blade material: CPM S30V composite stainless steel.
- Hardness: 61 HRC.
- Knife sheath: Genuine leather.