Tiger, leopard, eagle and snake – all powerful beasts except the snake which is depicted being taken by the high precision of the eagle. The snake is considered evil in Chinese culture.
Interchangeable with a single or both hands, this Jian Chinese sword can be adapted to both hand-and-a-half and one handed sword fighting styles. The balanced and versatile blade is equally purposed for cutting and thrusting attacks and the Jian weapon is more than capable of matching any longsword or Japanese Katana sword duel.
Presentable, ornamental and a highly decorative sword with deadly functionality.
- Folded Damascus steel sword blade – razor sharp cutting edge with natural resilience to chipping & blade fracture.
- Hand and a half sword handle – comfortably interchangeable between single and two handed fighting styles.
- Double edged straight sword blade – perfectly balanced blade and versatile for both cutting and thrusting attacks.
- Beautiful handle & scabbard materials with hand-carved fittings.
- Battle ready and fully functional Chinese Jian sword.
Jian Swords Specifications:
- Note: Sword stand is NOT included, and is shown only for demonstration purposes.
- Full length: 105cm.
- Blade length: 76cm.
- Width of blade: 3.3cm (at widest point).
- Thickness of blade: 0.6cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Blade material: Folded Damascus steel.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Blade shape: 8-sided octahedral shape.
- Handle material: Ebony wood + quality cord wrap.
- Scabbard material: Ebony wood + pure copper fittings + quality cord wrap.
- Sword fittings material: Pure copper.
- Weight: 1.8kg (including scabbard weight); 1.1kg (sword weight only).
- Item: Chinese sword Jian (sword).