The blade is sharpened and finally polished using traditional Japanese methods, creating a highly refined and beautifully finished blade end result. Quality is further extended into the accessories, created in full Japanese character, from the beautiful hardwood handle & scabbard to the solid metal sword fittings.
The time tested design of this Tachi sword ensures powerful sword swing curvatures through the air and amazingly high powered cuts. It is a real pleasure to both own and use.
- Curved and unique blade (lopping, cutting and slashing blade powerhouse).
- Higher than average carbon content – T10 steel blade (hard, strong, reliable & resilient blade).
- Premium quality scabbard & sword fittings.
- A battle ready and fully functional weapon.
- Tachi models are the most renowned cutting and slashing Japanese sword designs.
War Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 104cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: T10 high carbon steel.
- Tempering: Clay tempered with genuine wave Hamon temper line.
- Hardness: 30 (core & spine); 58 (edge) HRC.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Polyester cord.
- Handle materials: Hardwood.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Zinc alloy.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Zinc alloy.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Zinc alloy.
- Included: Sword bag.
- Item: Curved longsword.