The full tang Katana blade is forged from a single piece of folded high carbon steel – producing over 2,200 individual steel layers. The blade is clay tempered with a visible wave Hamon in a Sanmai configuration. This produces a blade that is reliably hard along the cutting edge and blade-tip, capable of being sharpened to a razor likeness and extremely resilient against fracture and deformation when tested against the stresses of combat.
Battle ready and extremely deadly, this folded steel Katana is a highly collectable weapon of war.
- Curved blade sword – renowned slashing, cutting and lopping powerhouse.
- Folded high carbon steel Katana blade with over 2,200 individual steel layers.
- Genuine Sanmai clay tempered blade with visible wave Hamon.
- Premium handle materials – hardwood + genuine ray-skin & high quality silk Ito.
- Beautiful Saya (scabbard) – red & gold lacquered hardwood + genuine silk sage-o material (scabbard wrap).
- Solid brass and pure copper material fittings.
- Battle ready Katana – extremely deadly and functional weapon of war.
Tachi Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 105cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Curvature of blade: Approximately 3.2cm.
- Blade material: Folded high carbon steel (over 2,200 steel layers).
- Hamon: Genuine clay tempered with visible wave Hamon (Sanmai configuration).
- Saya material (scabbard): Red & gold lacquered Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Genuine silk.
- Handle materials: Hardwood with genuine ray-skin & high quality silk Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Copper; brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Brass.
- Included: Sword bag.
- Item: Tachi curved longsword.