The accessories & fittings of the sword are high quality and in Japanese character, from the hardwood + genuine ray-skin & cord handle, hardwood scabbard, to the solid brass sword fittings.
This Tachi sword is flexible, very strong and glides through the air with ease. It’s a real pleasure to use and has the slashing and lopping power only a Tachi curved sword or scimitar sword equivalent can produce.
- Highly curved and unique battle ready Katana – lopping, cutting and slashing blade powerhouse.
- 1095 carbon steel blade – one of the highest carbon content steels available for swordmaking.
- Full tang Katana – clay tempered with genuine wave Hamon temper line.
- Quality hardwood + genuine ray-skin & polyester rope Ito handle.
- Premium scabbard and solid brass sword fittings.
Curved Blade Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 106cm.
- Blade length: 71cm.
- Handle length: 26cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Sori (blade curvature): 3cm.
- Blade material: 1095 high carbon steel.
- Hardness: 35 core & spine; 60 edge HRC.
- Tempering: Clay tempered with genuine wave Hamon temper line.
- Saya material (scabbard): Lacquered hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Polyester rope.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + genuine ray-skin & polyester rope Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Brass.
- Item: Samurai two handed sword.