Furthermore, the blade is genuine clay tempered with a visible Hamon temper line, and finally hand sharpened and polished using traditional Japanese methods, creating a flawless finish.
The sword fittings and scabbard materials are high quality and in Japanese character; from the hardwood + synthetic ray-skin & cord handle, hardwood scabbard, to the solid brass sword fittings.
This Japanese Tanto is a deadly fighting knife, and especially so when used in combination with a Wakizashi short sword.
- Folded steel with over 1200 individual steel layers (razor sharp edge).
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible Hamon temper line.
- High quality sword fittings and scabbard materials.
- Battle ready functional and a very deadly Tanto fighting knife.
- Ideally suited for close quarters combat and surprise attacks.
Tanto Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 49cm.
- Blade length: 31cm.
- Handle length: 15cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade material: Folded steel (over 1200 individual steel layers).
- Tempering: Genuine clay tempered blade with visible Hamon line.
- Saya material (scabbard): Hardwood.
- Sage-o material (scabbard wrap): Polyester cord.
- Handle materials: Hardwood + synthetic ray-skin & polyester cord Ito (handle wrap).
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Brass.
- Seppa & Habaki (spacer & blade collar): Brass.
- Tsuba (hand guard): Brass.
- Menuki material (handle decorations): Brass.
- Fuller: Dual sided Bo-Hi blood grooves.
- Item: Japanese short sword / small sword / Tanto fixed blade knife / best Tanto knife / tactical Tanto Knife / Tanto fighting knife / Japanese fighting knives.
There are no reviews yet.