This double edged Carolingian sword represents an otherwise fully functional and battle ready war sword. The blade is resilient, perfectly balanced and makes a versatile thrusting and cutting one handed sword.
Note: We can deliver the sword sharp or dull as needed. Please advise us with your order.
- Double edged straight sword – perfectly balanced blade and effective thrust penetration.
- Full tang 1060 high carbon steel blade (spring steel) – hard and reliable edges with natural resilience against blade deformation & fracture.
- Functional handle, scabbard and sword fittings purposed for sword training.
- Dulled edges purposed for sparring – but would otherwise make a battle ready sword.
Viking Longsword Specifications:
- Overall length: 92cm.
- Blade length: 71.5cm.
- Width of blade: 4.3 – 2.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.6 – 0.4cm.
- Blade material: 1060 high carbon steel (spring steel).
- Hardness: Centre – 45; edges – 55 HRC.
- Scabbard material: Black lacquered hardwood.
- Handle materials: Hardwood wrapped with wax-cord.
- Sword fittings material: Stainless steel.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Use: Sparring sword.
- Item: Dueling sword.