Very deadly, this one handed Japanese sword is quick to strike with and is a balanced combat sword with the exact same cutting, slashing, and thrusting versatility as the Katana longsword, only shorter.
Major advantages of the short sword include a lower weight & size for transport and smuggling amongst clothing for surprise attacks, they come into their own unique power within enclosed spaces such as rooms, corridors, etc and strike with much faster speed than the standard long sword. Additionally, when paired with a second Wakizashi sword or Katana, the tandem pair becomes a formidable dual weapon fighting combination, which few combatants can counter.
Completed with beautiful and high quality components, this Shoto sword presents nicely for ornamental and decorative sword purposes while simultaneously performing as a fully functional combat sword.
- T10 high carbon steel – very hard, reliable battle edge with good blade resilience.
- Genuine clay tempered with a visible wave Hamon.
- Perfect concealed sword weapon – easy to smuggle amongst clothing for surprise attacks.
- Single edged sword blade – primary cutting edge with full structural strength blade spine.
- One handed sword – used with a single hand, very quick, and exceptionally deadly when paired with another sword.
- Versatile tactical Wakizashi sword – equally balanced cutting, slashing and thrusting shortsword.
- Both battle ready and ornamental sword quality.
Wakizashi For Sale Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall Wakizashi length: 78cm.
- Wakizashi blade length: 51cm.
- Handle length: 24cm.
- Width of blade (near Habaki): 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.7cm.
- Blade process: T10 high carbon steel.
- Tempering process: Genuine clay tempered with visible wave Hamon.
- Hardness: Edge – 58 HRC; Core & spine – 30 HRC.
- Handle material: Hardwood wrapped with synthetic leather & polyester cord Ito.
- Tsuba material (hand guard): Zinc alloy.
- Fuchi & Kashira (sleeve & butt-cap): Zinc alloy.
- Habaki (blade collar): Brass.
- Saya material (scabbard): Lacquered hardwood.
- Sageo material (scabbard cord): Quality cord.
- Bo-Hi (fuller sword): Single blood-groove on both sides of the blade.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Included: Sword bag; certification.
- Item: Wakizashi sword for sale.