The blade is a full tang single forge of folded Damascus steel. This world renowned steel holds excellent blade characteristics including, resiliency, flexibility and razor sharpness. Furthermore, the blade is hand sharpened and polished using traditional techniques, producing a flawless blade and edge finish.
The sword manoeuvres and flows well, it’s a real pleasure to use, and is both strong & sharp enough to cut thick bamboo stems, grass matting & more.
- Layered Damascus steel blade – flexible, resilient & razor sharp.
- Dual edge sword blade – facilitates fast counter attacks & efficient thrust penetration.
- Generous two handed handle – generates power and seamless weapon manoeuvring.
- Highly decorated & collectable.
- Perfectly balanced and a versatile weapon – suited for cut and thrust attacks.
- Fully functional battle ready weapon.
Chinese Jian Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes only and NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 72cm.
- Blade material: Folded Damascus steel.
- Hardness: 62 HRC.
- Handle material: Hardwood.
- Scabbard material: Hardwood.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Weight: 1.4kg.