This combat sword is deadly and highly versatile. It will chop, slash and stab with effective weight, efficiency and power. Some would argue it is the best tactical sword blade design in its weight class, even compared to a Japanese Ko Katana, Chinese Jian sword or Medieval Knight sword equivalent.
Why the 9 ring sword? It’s mostly about control of the weapon.
When the broadsword is erected, the rings hang down with the sword’s center of gravity off-set in the direction of the hand, for the purpose of the hand having full control of the sword. When slashing or attacking with force, the rings move forward with inertia and thus the center of gravity is changed, shifting towards the direction of the cutting blade-head, and thus increasing the slashing power and the blade’s lethality.
Additionally, when parrying (deflecting an opponent’s blade), the Chinese ring sword causes damage to the deflected blade, which is forced to pass the 9 rings unhindered, but nevertheless dulling & damaging the opponent’s blade edge. The rings are also noisy and distracting, especially if colorful tassels are attached to the rings, which work to draw an opponent’s eye to the usually bright yellow or red tassel, rather than the deadly Chinese war sword blade.
A bonus to all of this ingenuity, the number 9 in Chinese culture was considered lucky and promoted longevity.
Constructed with folded steel, this two handed sword is powerful, deadly and razor sharp. It will match any longsword duel with surprise and prowess.
- Folded steel blade – razor sharp cutting edge with natural resilience against edge chipping & blade fracture.
- Generous two handed sword handle – generates excellent power and facilitates unhindered weapon maneuvering.
- Single edge sword blade – primary cutting edge with full structural strength spine.
- Unique 9 ring Chinese broad sword – shifting center of gravity & passive secondary weapon.
- Battle ready and a deadly Chinese sword.
Nine Ring Sword Specifications:
- Full length: 116cm.
- Blade length: 80cm.
- Handle length: 35cm.
- Width of blade: 6.5 – 12cm.
- Blade material: Folded steel.
- Handle material: Hardwood + quality bindings.
- Scabbard material: Pu leather scabbard.
- Blade collar material: Brass.
- Other sword fittings material: Brass.
- Fuller: Double blood-grooves on both sides of the blade.
- Weight: 2.5kg (including scabbard weight).
- Item: Chinese broadsword.