Folded over 100 times creating a multi-layered Damascus steel sword blade, the blade holds a razor-like cutting edge and natural resilience against damage – all characteristics renowned of a Damascus sword blade.
Traditionally hand sharpened and polished, the resulting blade is highly refined creating a first class double edged sword blade.
A solid hardwood handle is fixed to the full tang and encased with intricately hand carved pure copper, as are the unique purple colored wooden scabbard fittings.
Very presentable and a beautiful Chinese Jian sword creation.
- Hand forged folded Damascus steel sword blade – renowned blade characteristics including a razor sharp cutting edge and excellent natural resilience to chipping & blade fracture.
- Generous one handed sword handle – facilitates seamless weapon maneuvering.
- Premium quality sword fittings, handle & scabbard materials.
- Decorative sword – elegant and presentable ceremonial sword with beautiful energy, feel and symmetry (highly collectable).
- Battle ready sword – fully functional and deadly combat sword.
Ornamental Straight Sword Specifications:
- Note: Sword stand is NOT included, and is shown only for demonstration purposes.
- Overall length: 93cm.
- Blade length: 65cm.
- Blade width: 3.7cm (at widest point).
- Handle length: 24.5cm.
- Blade material: Hand forged folded Damascus steel.
- Blade shape: 8 sided octahedral blade.
- Hardness: 60 HRC.
- Handle material: Hardwood encased in pure copper (hand carved).
- Saya (scabbard): Purple wood + pure copper fittings (hand carved).
- Fuller: Double blood-grooves on both sides of the blade.
- Tang: Full Tang.
- Weight: 1.4kg (not including scabbard weight); 2.1kg (including scabbard weight).
- Item: Ceremonial sword.