The full tang blade construct is a single forge of T10 steel. This very high carbon steel produces unmatched hard, reliable cutting edges. The blade is then genuine clay tempered with a visible wave Hamon, leaving the rear spine of the blade soft and resilient to deformation and fracture.
Completed with a Beautiful matching Rosewood handle & scabbard, and solid brass fittings, this Shoto sword is a simplistic work of battle functional art.
Very easy to conceal within clothing, perfect for surprise attacks and a formidable fighting weapons system when paired with a second short Japanese sword.
- T10 high carbon content steel – highest carbon content steel used for sword-making.
- Genuine clay tempered blade with visible wave Hamon line.
- Matching Rosewood handle and scabbard material – conceals well, looking like a small wooden staff.
- Straight sword – equally balanced cutting and thrusting weapon.
- Deadly tactical Wakizashi shortsword – fully functional and a battle ready weapon.
Shirasaya Wakizashi Specifications:
- Wooden display stand: NOT included (for viewing purposes only).
- Overall Wakizashi length: 78cm.
- Wakizashi blade length: 51cm.
- Handle length: 21cm.
- Width of blade: 3.2cm.
- Thickness of blade: 0.75cm.
- Blade material: T10 high carbon steel.
- Hamon: Genuine clay tempered with visible wave Hamon line.
- Tang: Full tang.
- Handle Material: Rosewood.
- Scabbard material: Rosewood.
- Habaki material: Brass.
- Item: Wakizashi for sale.