It is then hand sharpened using traditional Japanese techniques to produce a refined battle ready, and highly collectable Shirasaya sword.
Damascus steel is renowned for its excellent blade characteristics such as resiliency, razor sharpness and hardness due the layered steel folds. It is not only a beautiful work of art, but a highly functional battle ready sword of war.
- Folded Damascus steel blade (individual layers produce great strength & high edge hardness).
- Unique octahedral 8 sided blade – collectable & high structural strength design.
- Sleek straight Shirasaya blade – ideal for cut and thrust attacks.
- Fully battle ready and a very deadly weapon.
Damascus Steel Sword Specifications:
- Note: Stand in photos is for demonstration purposes and is NOT included.
- Overall length: 103cm.
- Blade length: 77cm.
- Handle length: 25cm.
- Width of blade: 3.6cm.
- Blade material: Folded Damascus steel.
- Saya material (scabbard): Rosewood.
- Handle materials: Rosewood.
- Blade design: Octahedral 8 sided blade.
- Tang: Full.
- Craft: Handmade.
- Weight: 1.3kg (including scabbard weight).
- Item: Shirasaya sword.